The University of Sydney is regarded as one of the best universities in Australia, it offers several international scholarships for international students who wish to study at the university. The scholarships provide the following financial support to the students
- Cost of tuition fees,
- Living expenses,
- And travel expenses.
University of Sydney Scholarship 2023 is a fully funded master’s and Ph.D. scholarship for international students. This Scholarship is worth over $35,000 payable for one year in two equal installments.
However, you should note that it can take up to four months from the submission of your application to receiving an email on whether you have been successful. No separate scholarship application form is needed to be submitted. it is important you also note that To be considered for the scholarship, an application for admission to your research degree must be submitted.
About the University of Sydney
The University of Sydney is a public research university located in Sydney, Australia. It was established in 1850 and is the oldest university in Australia. The university is known for its academic excellence, strong research programs, and diverse student population. It offers over 400 undergraduate and graduate programs across a wide range of disciplines, including arts, sciences, engineering, medicine, and law. The University of Sydney is ranked among the top universities in the world and is considered one of Australia’s leading universities. The university has a vibrant student life, with numerous clubs and societies, as well as cultural and sporting events.
Read Also: Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 | How To Apply
What you should know before submitting your application
As a candidate that wants to apply for the University of Sydney International Research Scholarship (USydIS), to undertake a Postgraduate Research Degree or Masters by Research program The main objective of the USydIS is to attract top-quality international postgraduate students to undertake research projects which will enhance the University’s research activities.
Overview of the university of Sydney International Scholarships
- Host Institution: University of Sydney
- Level of Study: Masters / PhD
- Courses Offered: Any University of Sydney Courses.
- Program Period: Two to four years depending on the course taken.
The University of Sydney Scholarship Coverage
The University of Sydney International Scholarships USydIS covers your tuition fees and living allowance for up to three years with a possibility of one semester’s extension for Ph.D. students.
- Scholarship amount of $45,000 payable for one year in two equal installments.
- Scholarship amount of $20,000 payable for one year in two equal installments.
- Scholarship amount of $10,000 payable for one semester.
- Scholarship amount of $5,000 payable for one semester.
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarships
For every candidate To be eligible for the University of Sydney International Scholarships USydIS, the idle candidate must meet the requirements below
- Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within the areas of its current and emerging research strengths.
- Not have held an Australia Award scholarship within two years before commencing the RTP Fee Scholarship.
- Be an international student commencing full-time enrollment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at this University. Students may also be considered up until they have consumed a maximum of six months of course candidature.
- Not previously have received an RTP Fee Scholarship, unless the previous scholarship was for a Master by Research degree that you have completed and you are now applying for a doctorate research degree.
- Not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate, or, if undertaking a Research Master’s degree, not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master’s degree.
- Not have previously considered for the scholarship up to 3 times within the last 5 years.
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
Application procedure for the University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS)
For you to be successful in your university of Sydney scholarship application, you need to follow the following procedures strictly to win International Scholarships USydIS:
- You must Choose a degree and check your eligibility:
Admission is highly competitive. Start by reviewing the types of degrees we offer and check the eligibility requirements for the research degree you would like to apply for.
- You need to Develop your research ideas:
Carefully consider the subject of your research and find out if your interests align with any academic members of the staff.
- Ensure to Find a supervisor:
In finding a supervisor, You’ll need a staff member whose academic interests align with yours and who has agreed to mentor you for the duration of your course. Finding the right supervisor is just as critical as selecting a research topic.
You Can Also Check This Out: Fully Funded Australia Awards Scholarship 2023
Use the Research Supervisor Connect database to search for current research supervisors and research projects. Use the “Contact Research Expert” button on the project page to submit an inquiry to a supervisor.
However, they need to understand:
- your academic background and research experience
- the topic or area you would like to research
- why you would like them to supervise your project
- How your proposed research project aligns with their background and experience?
- To help support your research inquiry, you should include the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Academic transcript for all your completed degrees.
- An initial research proposal. In no more than 2000 words demonstrate how your research experience aligns with the supervisor’s and why you’re interested in this opportunity. You’ll need to tailor your research proposal to each opportunity you enquire about. Refer to our Research Proposal Guidelines.
- Submit your application
- Assessment of your application
We will assess your application and advise you of one of the following outcomes.
- Acceptance to the program (an unconditional offer).
- A conditional offer. For example, if you don’t have all your academic results or if you didn’t meet the English language requirements, we may make you a conditional offer.
- An alternative offer. For example, if the faculty you’d applied to can’t offer a doctorate level, we may give you an alternative offer. You can apply to upgrade this qualification at the end of your research program if you satisfy the minimum academic requirements for the course as outlined in the faculty handbook.
See this: Best Dance Scholarships 2023/2024
We will not make any offers if you haven’t supplied sufficient documentation
- English proficiency: If English isn’t your first language, you’ll need to provide proof of your English proficiency before you can enroll at the University of Sydney. Please check the full details for the English-language requirements for admission.
For further information about the University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS), please visit the official website
Frequently asked questions about the University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS)
- Can I apply for the scholarship if I am already enrolled at the University of Sydney?
Yes, current students at the University of Sydney are eligible to apply for the scholarship, as long as they meet the eligibility criteria.
- How will I be notified of the scholarship outcome?
Successful applicants will be notified of the scholarship outcome via email or letter.
- How long does the scholarship last?
The duration of the scholarship will depend on the program of study and the terms and conditions of the scholarship award.
- What happens if I change my program of study after receiving the scholarship?
If you change your program of study after receiving the scholarship, you may need to reapply for the scholarship or provide additional information to the University. It is recommended that you consult with the scholarship provider to discuss your options.