Are You Ready To Work In Canada As A Truck Driver, Do You Have Truck Driving Experience Already, Then, This Opportunity Is For You, According To A Recent Survey Suggested That By 2024, The Canadian Trucking Sector Will Be Short 47,000 Long-Haul Truckers? This Means That It Is A Great Opportunity For Truck Drivers As It Will Help To Fasten The Migration Of Anyone Looking To Immigrate To Canada For This Kind Of Work.
Moreover, The Canadian Transportation Industry Continues To Face High Demand And Employment Vacancies For Long-Haul Truck Drivers. The Canadian Government Has Also Been Supportive Of All These Development As They Provide Eligible Foreign Employees Seeking Work As Truck Drivers In The Country With Work Visas.
Also Read: Security Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship-Apply Now
Requirements For Truck Driver Jobs In Canada With Visa Sponsorship
These Are Some Of The Prerequisites For Getting A Truck Driver Job In Canada. This Will Go A Long Way To Help You Know What’s Required To Get A Truck Driver Job Visa Sponsorship Being A Foreigner In Canada.
They Include But Are Not Limited To The Following
- Truck Driver Jobs In Canada Include Permanent, Full-Time, Overtime, Weekend, Day, Night, And Evening Work.
- A Secondary School Diploma Is Preferred But Not Essential For This Position.
- Heavy-Duty Driving Expertise Is A Plus, But It Is Not Essential.
- The Ability To Communicate In Basic Or Functional English Is Necessary.
- Certificates, Licenses, Memberships, Courses, And Other Credentials Will Be Required For This Job.
- A Valid Driver’s License (Class 1 Or A) Is Necessary, As Well As The Air Brake (Z) Endorsement.
- Trucking And Equipment Types: Tractor-Trailer, Flatbed, Refrigerated, Highway, Straight Truck (4,600kg+ Or 10,000lbs+ With 3+ Axles).
- Safety And Security: Basic Security Clearance, Criminal Background Check, Driving Record Check (Abstract), Medical Examination, And Drug Test Are All Required.
- Information About Transportation And Travel: Willing To Travel Throughout Canada And The United States. Willing To Travel During The Day, Evening, Or Night, Including Overnight Routes, And Willing To Travel For Long Periods Of Time.
- Other: Candidates Must Be Legally Permitted To Work In Canada And Willing To Operate In A Two-Person Team To Drive Long-Haul Trucks.
You Can Also See This: Unskilled Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship For Foreigners – Apply Now
Required Skills To Get Truck Driver Jobs In Canada:
- Ability To Operate And Drive Straight Or Articulated Trucks For The Transportation Of Products And Supplies.
- Cargo Loading And Unloading, Tarping, And Guaranteeing Cargo Safety And Security
- Ability To Plan Your Trip Routes And Schedules.
- You Should Have The Ability To Use Atlases And Other Planning Tools To Help You Plan Your Journey.
- Receive Information And Relay It To The Central Dispatcher.
- The Ability To Drive In A Convoy Or As Part Of A Two-Person Squad.
- You Should Also Be Able To Examine The Vehicle’s Condition And Inspect The Tires, Lights, Brakes, Cold Storage, And Other Equipment.
Some Provincial Programs In Canada For Truck Driver Jobs
This Is The List Comprising Some Of The Leading Programs To Find Truck Driver Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In Canada:
Also See: Caregiver Jobs in USA with full Visa Sponsorship – APPLY NOW
With 837 Job Adverts Now Available, Quebec Leads The Way In Terms Of Provincial Opportunities For Truck Drivers. According To Information On The Quebec Government’s Employment Website, Truck Driver Employment Prospects Are ‘Excellent’ With Their Platform.
Access Quebec Website At Https://Www.Immigration.Ca/En/Quebecimmigrationprovincial.Html.
British Columbia Is A Provincial Program For Truck Drivers In Canada Is
A Full-Time Job Offer In Long-Haul Trucking Is The Gold Standard For Candidates In British Columbia’s Entry-Level And Semi-Skilled Category, Which Has Over 400 Positions On The Job Bank. Long-Haul Drivers Can Live In The Province Permanently. Learn More About Immigration In British Columbia By Visiting Their Website At Https://Www.Immigration.Ca/British-Columbia-Immigration/.
Long-Haul Truckers Are Another In-Demand Profession Under The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program, With Over 500 Job Openings On The Employment Bank. Both The Alberta Opportunity Stream And Alberta Express Entry Are Open To Truck Drivers.
Transport Truck Drivers (Noc 7511) Are One Of Two Target Jobs In The Nova Scotia Nominee Program’s Occupations In-Demand Stream. This Provides A Clear Road To Permanent Residence For Drivers.
You Can Hope To Get A Truck Driver Job With Visa Sponsorship In Canada, Through This Program.
See Also: 19+ Jobs You Can Do With Your Animal Science Degree 2022
In July 2019, The Noc Code For Transport Truck Drivers (7511) Was Added To The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program Employer Job Offer In-Demand Skills Stream, Along With Three Other Occupations.
It Means That Experienced Truck Drivers Who Have A Work Offer In Ontario Can Follow A Defined Path To Permanent Residence In Canada. Learn More About Immigration At Https://Www.Immigration.Ca/En/Ontario-Immigration.Html.
Newfoundland And Labrador
This Is A Province In The Canadian Province Of Newfoundland And Labrador
The Labour Market Outlook 2025 Report In Newfoundland And Labrador Highlights Truck Driving As An Occupation That Will Require Significant Immigration To Meet Job Vacancy Demand. For The Nlpnp’s Skilled Worker And Express Entry Streams, Trucking Companies Must Apply To Be Eligible Employers.
Employers Wishing To Hire Truck Drivers In Manitoba Should Use The Federal Labour Market Impact Assessment For Temporary Foreign Workers Process. The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program Only Allows Businesses To Hire Outside Of The Lmia Procedure Provided Certain Criteria Are Met, Such As Recruitment Efforts And Compliance With Provincial Labor Laws.
Visit The Manitoba Immigration Website At Https://Www.Immigration.Ca/En/Manitoba-Immigration.Html To Discover More.
For People Already Working In Canada On A Work Permit, Saskatchewan Immigration Has A Separate Long-Haul Truck Drivers Sub-Category. The Occupation Also Qualifies For The Province’s Express Entry And Occupations In-Demand Categories, Which Each Draw Targets Certain Occupations.
Truck Drivers Wages In Canada
According To Job Bank And Statistics Canada Data, The Median Wage Of Truck Drivers Is Slightly Lower Than The National Average, But It Can Soar To More Than $8 Over That Average, Too $32 Per Hour, In Several Circumstances.
Wages For Truck Drivers Are Projected To Climb As Labor Market Demand Rises In The Future Years, As Is Expected.
As Someone Interested In Getting Truck Driver Jobs In Canada, You Are Blessed To Be Here, Because You Are Going To Get Every Necessary Help You Require To Hit The Ground Run, Wishing You are The Best In Your Applications