A lot of companies offer scholarships to their employees to help them further their educations. this scholarship opportunity by these companies will enable the employees to have access to quality education, Subway restaurants are no different in this culture. Subway restaurants want their employees to do better in life and be successful in other to add more value to their organization. As a way to help, Subway restaurants offer scholarships that people can put toward their college educations. Following all the rules and being aware of the requirements could help you raise a little money for school.
The subway fresh start scholarship program is an annual scholarship sponsored by The Frederick A. DeLuca Foundation, Inc. to assist individuals who are employed at a U.S., Canadian, Australian, or Puerto Rico SUBWAY restaurant to continue their education at a college, university, or a vocational-technical school.
This program is administered by Scholarship America, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance, and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals. Eligibility for individual programs is determined at the sole discretion of the sponsor, and eligible applications are reviewed by Scholarship America’s evaluation team. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability, or national origin.
FAQS ABOUT THE SUBWAY FRESH START SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Some frequently asked questions about subway fresh start scholarship programs are answered below
Who is qualified for the subway restaurants scholarship program?
The Employees of subway restaurants or the children of employees of Subway are eligible to apply for the Subway scholarships. Any employee that has worked for Subway for at least six months and has worked at least 15 hours per week qualifies for the scholarship. If you want to apply for a scholarship for your child, you must work at least 30 hours per week to be eligible. The applicant must be a high school senior or a college freshman registered as a full-time student. Applicants must also have a GPA of at least 2.75.
Where can I attend college, or university if I’m successful in getting this Subway Fresh Start scholarship program?
You can attend college at any accredited school in the United States and even some international universities and colleges. The schools can offer either two-year or four-year programs. Subway restaurants will pay the scholarship amount directly to the college of your choice in two increments, one for each semester.
However, you must submit your grades to the scholarship board for each of the two semesters.
When do I submit my applications For The Subway Fresh Start Scholarship Program?
You must Submit your application between September and November. However, You must include letters of recommendation, an essay, and information about your scholastic achievements. Each recipient receives $1,000 toward the cost of college education, as of 2011. You can also check with the Subway restaurants in your state, as they may offer a resident scholarship that is up to $3,000 as of 2011.
How Do I Prepare And Submit My Application For The Subway Fresh Start Scholarship Program
You must fill out your application and submit parts of it online and parts of it through mailthe. More so, Fill out the application itself online and then mail in the remaining portions, including your high school transcript, a signed copy of the terms of the agreement, and a personal statement. Furthermore, The personal statement should be on your experience working at Subway restaurants if you are an employee, or your thoughts on a college education, why it is important, and what you want to do as a career if you are a child of an employee of Subway restaurants. You can only receive one scholarship.
RECOMMENDED College Is Power Scholarship
Eligibility For The Subway Fresh Start Scholarship Program
Applicants to the Subway Fresh Start Scholarship Program must:
- Have been an employee at a SUBWAY restaurant location in the United States of America, Canada, Australia, or Puerto Rico for at least six (6) continuous months as of the application deadline.
- Be a high school senior/final year secondary school student OR a high school/secondary school graduate OR be currently enrolled in a post-secondary undergraduate program or a vocational-technical certificate program.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent).
- Plan to enroll for the entire academic year in either:
- a full- or part-time undergraduate program at an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the same country as the SUBWAY® restaurant where the applicant was employed.
- a full- or part-time vocational-technical school located in the same country as the SUBWAY® restaurant where the applicant was employed.
- Be a SUBWAY restaurant employee at the same location at the time the awards are announced.
Franchisee owners and their family members who meet all of the above criteria are eligible to participate in the Program.
The following individuals, whether or not they can meet the above criteria, are not eligible to participate in the Program:
- Employees at a SUBWAY restaurant location other than those specified above.
- Employees of Franchise World Headquarters, LLC and their family members.
- Business Developers and their family members.
RECOMMENDED: film schools in Texas
Award Information About The Subway Fresh Start Scholarship Program:
- If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a US$2,500 scholarship award.
- Awards are not renewable, but students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
- Awards are for undergraduate study or a certificate program at a vocational-technical school.
Applicants will be notified in May by e-mail. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients. Students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
RECOMMENDED: film schools in Michigan
Payment of The Subway Fresh Start Scholarships
Scholarship America mails scholarship checks payable to the educational institution for the student. Payments are made in one instalment in early August and mailed directly to the student.
Subway Fresh Start Scholarship Program Requirements
As part of your application, you must have to upload the following document:
- Current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display the student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course, and the term in which each course was taken
RECOMMENDED: Hairdressing schools in the United States
Also, as part of your application, one online recommendation form must be submitted on your behalf.
Your application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically.
RECOMMENDED: Catholic relief service program
Scholarship recipients are selected based on:
- Academic record
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and volunteer community activities
- Work experience
- Statement of career and educational goals and objectives
- Unusual personal or family circumstances
- An online recommendation
Financial need is not considered.
selection selection of recipients is made solely by Scholarship America.
The Frederick A. DeLuca Foundation, Inc. and its directors, officers, and employees; members of The Frederick A. DeLuca family; Franchise World Headquarters, LLC, and its directors, officers, and employees; Business Developers and their family members; and SUBWAY franchisees and their directors, officers, and employees may not participate in the selection of recipients. SUBWAY restaurant owners or operators will verify that the employment eligibility requirement has been met, and if qualified, may act as the Recommender for the applicant.
All applicants agree to accept the decision as final
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION