Be very much aware that Nominations for the Catholic Fellows Program 2022/2023 are open. The International Development Fellowships Program of Catholic Relief Services (IDFP) is aimed at people who are committed to a carrier in international development.
The Catholic Fellows Program holders receive comprehensive training in the management and implementation of the program.
They support the work of CRS in various areas such as agriculture/ livelihood, Health peacebuilding, emergency education, microfinance, or a combination of these areas. The Fellows’ training focuses on project management, project design, and proposal development, partnerships and capacity building, monitoring and evaluation resource management, supply chain budget and logistics, human resources, and safety protocols.
Also Read: College is power scholarship 2022/2023
Catholic Relief Services offers 20-30 scholarships every year. Each fellow is enrolled in one of the overseas Catholic Relief Services programs for a 12-month scholarship.
CRS determines the location by matching the skills and experience of the fellows with the portfolio and needs of the country program. Most fellows continue to work in various positions for CRS upon completion of the scholarship.
More About the Catholic Fellows Program 2022/2023
- Host Nationality
- International Development Fellowships Program is being hosted by Catholic Relief Services.
- Eligible Nationality
This Catholic Relief Services International Development is open to developing countries’ citizens.
Aside from the Catholic Fellows Program 2021, there are other scholarships available for international students to study abroad, you can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
See Also: Kmart Scholarships For USA Students 2022/2023! Apply Now
CRS offers International Development Fellowships Program participants the following benefits:
- Great opportunities for professional growth and development abroad
- Compensation, allowances, and furnished apartments
- Transport to and from the country
- Extended insurance (medical, dental, life-long, travel/accident, evacuation, and personal items)
- Paid holidays, sick holidays, and personal holidays, as well as 12 days, of paid holidays
- Help with language learning
- For 2021, the allocation is $ 30,000. The scholarship holders pay their share of the health insurance premiums and, like other CRS employees, contribute to their placement. Depending on their job in the country, some scholars may receive a maintenance allowance.
Number of Scholarship
CRS accepts 20 to 30 scholars each year. They expect to select 25 Catholic Fellows Program holders for August 2023.
Read: 2022/2023 Caregiver Jobs in USA with full Visa Sponsorship – APPLY NOW
Eligibility for Catholic Relief Services International Development
University degree in relevant areas of international development (eg agriculture, health care, Engineering, trade, public administration, finance, supply chain ls,
- English skills and good oral and written communication skills
- Professional knowledge of a second language (preferred are the main languages in which the SIR works)
- At least six months of work or volunteer experience abroad in a developing country (candidates with at least five years of experience and residence in a developing country)
- Strong interest in a career in development or emergency aid
- Willingness to work in different regions and developing countries around the world
- Can work with respect and professionalism in an intercultural environment
You May Also Like This: 2022/2023 Caregiver Jobs in USA with full Visa Sponsorship – APPLY NOW
How to Apply for Catholic Fellows Program 2022/2023
To be considered for the program, please follow these 3 steps:
- Write your cover letter (maximum 500 words). The cover letter should contain the following:
- Why would you like to participate in the CRS Fellows program and why are you a good candidate for the program?
- Relevant experience demonstrating your understanding of the working environment abroad
- Update your resume or resume to highlight your experience and qualifications
Apply for the scholarship program.
For more information, see Catholic Relief.
Catholic Fellows Program 2022 Application Deadline
The IDFP application closed in November yearly. They accepted and check the applications on an ongoing basis. Applications received before 8 October are given priority consideration.
FAQs on Catholic Relief Services International Development Fellows Program
How many fellows do you select each year?
CRS hires around 20 fellows each year.
How much is the fellowship stipend?
The stipend is approximately $30,000. Fellows pay their portion of health insurance premiums and contribute to housing like other CRS employees. Depending on the country’s assignment, some fellows may receive a cost-of-living allowance.
What countries can I work in?
The list of country programs hosting fellows changes from year to year. We place fellows in all regions where we work, with the greatest number of positions in Africa.
Do I have to be Catholic to advance in my career at CRS?
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
When will I know if I am accepted?
After the application closes in November, strong candidates will begin advancing through the various stages of the selection process (application review, video interview, English writing assessment, and foreign language test). In January, the top 35-40 candidates will be invited to the in-person interviews at CRS Headquarters in Baltimore. CRS will make fellowship offers to successful candidates in February or March each year.
This Catholic Relief Services International Development Fellows Program (IDFP) is a unique professional development opportunity for individuals dedicated to pursuing a career in international relief and development work. Interested candidates are however urged to apply as applications will re-open in the summer of 2023.